We created a user-friendly Android app for FOODit restaurants to manage fulfilment of their orders. The app displays the status of each order placed through the FOODit online ordering system. Restaurants update order status as they work, to give real-time reporting and process control.
In busy kitchens, each order and customer receipt needs to be printed out to a USB or Bluetooth printer connected to the tablet so the app includes a standardised interface to print to many such devices.
The app needed to run on a wide variety of cost-effective Android tablets, to have a user interface that could easily be edited by FOODit without referring back to us, and to be able to print to a wide variety of printers.
A start-up offshoot from a major food wholesaler, FOODit describes its mission as “Building Super Simple Technology To Get Your Restaurant Online and Generating New Orders In 5 days”.
Already serving scores of restaurants in South East England, FOODit is expanding rapidly, so keep an eye out for it at your local takeaway!
- Communicates with variety of USB and Bluetooth printers via low-level printer commands
- Web-based HTML5 interface placed in browser window embedded in the app to allow easy editing
- Low cost Android tablets and USB printers used to keep capital cost minimal
- Tablet monitors printer status, paper levels etc. to ensure all orders are successfully printed
- All Android tablets
- Variety of USB and Bluetooth printers
Sorry, this app is only for use by FOODit affiliated restaurants, please get in touch to find out more…