ABOUT THE APP
An established leader in the technology behind on-course betting at many of the UK’s horse and greyhound racing tracks, Data Tote wanted to free their users from traditional method of transacting via bookmakers’ stands by giving them personal tablets to work on the move via a localised wifi network.
The tablets needed to interface with the client’s existing back-end but, needing additional Android expertise, they hired us to create a quick and easy tablet app aimed at encouraging faster and more impulsive consumer behaviour.
As the client is supplying the tablets for their customers to use, choosing Android made perfect sense due to the wide range of affordable devices which were suitable for the job.
– Secure communication with a local intranet for sensitive financial transactions.
– Very simple interface suitable for customers not familiar with using tablets.
– Bar-code scanning without exiting the app.
– Lock-down, disabling standard tablet buttons to prevent users exiting the app.
– Videos downloaded to the device in the background whilst the user is working so they can be accessed and viewed later.
– Custom video playback controls including “slow motion” playback which cannot be achieved with standard Android functionality.
– Periodic promotions fed to and displayed on the app whilst the user is working.
– Dynamic web-based content accessible from within the app without disturbing workflow.
– Multilingual support.
ABOUT DATA TOTE
Data Tote has enjoyed a close and successful relationship with promoters of racing products for more than 28 years. They have delivered innovative, robust and most importantly, user friendly bet capture systems on over 50 race tracks across Europe.
Their terminal hardware includes portable Epos, hand-held devices, self-service terminals, as well as their personal betting tablets which use our dedicated app to bet securely. Their systems are all tried and tested within the racecourse environment to ensure track operators maximise their tote turnover and gross profits from the betting product.
Data Tote’s sister company, E-Tote, is a UK licensed Remote Pool betting operator and provides online systems, race streaming and specialised Pari-mutuel software to most of the major European bookmakers including Ladbrokes, William Hill, Bet 365, Paddy Power, Blue Square and Digibet. E-Tote has built and operated a number of online pools for sports associations including RFU, WRC Rally and Speedway.
Contact Us if you have any comments or queries about this post.