We recently worked, with another local agency, on the Android version of a smartphone based power cut reporting app for one of the major electricity suppliers.
The Power Cut Reporter app provides support, assistance and, interaction. Enabling customers to report power outages and seek assistance.
Wherever you are, with the ‘Report a power cut’ feature you can notify he electricity supplier of a power outage and live chat with their customer service team. Any reports you send using the app will be sent directly to the electricity supplier.
You can use the interactive map to pinpoint fault locations. You can also check for power cuts in your area, and seek out important and general advice for power outages and faults.
With the app you can also:
- Use the postcode checker to see if the energy provider is your electricity distributor.
- Use the outage / fault checklist to help assess any network problems.
- Archive your past and current reports for future reference.
- Receive notifications of news and weather warnings.
- Ability to view power outages in your area on easily navigable map.
- Chat to electricity supplier employees in real-time using Web Socket technology.
- Report new power outages to supplier’s maintenance team using standard REST API.
- User-friendly questionnaire guiding customers through diagnosing the cause of a power outage.
Check out our Creations page to see more of our portfolio.